- Design on purpose - In the beginning of the design process I usually like to have a clear purpose but not a clear solution: it is best to answer what, when, where, why and then think about how.
- Metaphors - make it meaningful, consider cultural norms, use the appropriate language.
- Planning/Questioning - where is it?, how will it be used?, what’s the message to convey?, is there a convention?, what’s the context? does it make sense? does it already exist?, can we draw inspiration from elsewhere?
- Balance - form and function, shape, size, texture, space, hierarchy, contrast, position, direction, structure, unity, density, gravity, color.
- Formats, this is very important when working in fabricator and collaborators. JPEG, TIFF, PDF, 3DM, NWD, FBX, AU, MOV- everyone speak different file format in the Experience Design world.
- Not everything have to be reinvented, as Picasso have said Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal!
Most of the time DESIGN guides people to make informed decisions or feel a certain way.